"Reading assets" taking EXCESSIVELY long

Hello all! I just did a MAJOR upgrade to my PC (NVIDIA 3050) and 16GB VRAM so my DAZ was working like a charm, but as I was working I noticed certain assets take UP TO FIVE MINUTES to pass the "Reading assets" stage of loading (but once the file starts ACTUALLY LOADING, its almost instantaneous). It must have something to do with DAZ not initializing or not knowing about a file's location I suspect, because even GENESIS BASIC FEMALE 8 takes for EVER, but other things FULL MANHATTAN TERRACE BLOCK with 10 buildings is almost instant. So its not a hardware/memory/lack of 3d resources issue. I tried installing and reinstalling DAZ studio itself to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

This is a known issue in daz studio that chars can be very long to load. The problem is that whenever you load a char, DS must search the other associated morphs and create the sliders in the parameter tab. The more characters of a given family (g8F, for instance) that you have, the more morphs (body shapes, expressions, etc), the longer the loading will take. Depending on the installed asset library, people can experiment loading times of 30mn or even more. By maintaining a small enough number of installed assets, this time can fall to a couple of minutes, but rarely less.

There are several solutions to this problem and you can find many threads on this. They mostly rely on the use of several independent libraries so that at a given moment the number of char assets is small enough. There is even a recent product "turbo loader" by Riversoft that allows to "hide" a part of your library in order to accelerate loading times.

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 87

I do not mean to necro this thread.

I have finally run into this issue and I have a massive library subjectively speaking. I have been sat here the past 27mins waiting for my scene to load from file. I just worked a couple hours, added about 6 or 7 G8s in the scene and thought hiding them (Visible Off) meant they did not load into vram. sorry if thats incorrect understanding.

Is there no difference if the Library is on a super fast M.2 drive? I thought I could get something by moving everything to a new NVME drive. but now I do not feel like much has changed moving from a HDD (~200MB/s) to M.2(2600MB/s) 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

HyeVltg3 said:

Is there no difference if the Library is on a super fast M.2 drive? I thought I could get something by moving everything to a new NVME drive. but now I do not feel like much has changed moving from a HDD (~200MB/s) to M.2(2600MB/s) 

In practice, the difference is negligible.

Either you have a massive scene with lots of items saved in the scenefile (savefile size in hundreds of megabytes) or you have characters/morphs installed for Genesis 8, which are in conflict with eachothers.