Editing the G8F in Blender

alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151
edited April 2022 in New Users
I know the basic procedure to edit the G8F in Blender (exporting the G8F in its zeroed position, without any morphs, clothing or eyelashes; avoiding adding or removing geometry in Blender, using the Morph Loader Pro to load the changed file). I made a few simple tests and it worked fine. My question is: can I use any tool I want in Blender's sculpting toolbar except the ones that add or remove geometry, or do I need to take other precautions to avoid errors when loading the morph back at Daz? If so, which precautions? Thanks!
Post edited by alaltacc on

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Not a sculpting tool, but  using the "Mesh>Merge>Collapse" (in Edit mode) selected pixels will not remove geometry, the number of pixels will remain the same. But the vertex order must be respected too, and collapsing pixels means no more pixels order.

Don't use the Collapse utility for a morph, you'll end with a "failed to create morph" message while using Morph loader pro.

Instead you can scale down the selected pixels to a very small value (ie .001), it will almost collapse the pixels but the vertex order will remain.

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

Thanks, @rosseliani !