Mixing materials, shaders, etc

alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

If I own, let's say, three characters (A, B and C), I can (EXCLUSIVELY FOR RENDERS, not for distribution, commercially or not, I know), for example, use A's body, mess around with its features using the "Shaping" tab, then load B's material (or some shaders) in it and finally use, let's say, the eyes from C (yes, a shader also), right? Again, I'm not talking about creating a "new character" to sell in the store, distribute, etc, not even a morph. I'm talking about creating a new "person" to use in my renders only, in the same Daz where they are installed.

Obviously "three characters" was only an example. The general question is "if I own a character, can I use it's parts in a mix and match with others?".

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Are you asking if it's possible, or how to do it? Of course it's possible, and you can mix and match as many things as you want.

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

I'm asking if it's allowed by the licensing. I know how to do it. :-) I was 99,9% sure that it was OK, but that 0,1% is always dangerous. ;-) I have some ideas and will put them to test. There are a few beautiful characters with not-so-good materials in them, and there are some REALLY good materials in other ones that, maybe, can be an improvement to the first ones.

As I'm already here ;-), another question (for which I imagine the answer is also yes): I can also edit (manually or otherwise) skins from the characters I own and use the edited versions in my renders, correct? Again, the same applies: exclusively for my own use. I imagine I can, since there are products in the store that do exactly that, but again that 0,1% bothers me... :-)

I know sometimes these questions can seem obvious and I apologise, but after three or four months around here I've read so much about licensing limits, and even returned a (very good) product because its licensing terms weren't what I imagined they were, that I prefer to ask people that has been "living" here way before me.

Thanks!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

You can really do just about anything you want as long as it's for your own personal use.

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

Thanks again!