Blowing wind trough hair

Hi all,

Im trying to make an animation where wind is blowing trough the hair of my model. I am using the Voss Hair for this, and made my own dforce version of it and it seems to have the effect as desired for still frames. If i simulate the wind trough the hair with a wind node it turns out beautiful for each frame. But when i try to make an animation render of it it starts to act funny. 

The ugly part mostly is that there are some loose hairs here and there who are just sizzling around like crazy, making it look really unrealistic. My question is if anyone has some good settings to use to make it a more realistic animation? Like, which paramenters can i use to make the hair "stick" more together and move more like "bunches" of hair instead of this loose straw-looking kind of hairs moving around like crazy. 

Hope someone can help me out with some settings to try!

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Hi there! dForce hair and wind is always a challenge. I create and sell dForce hair myself that work nice with gravity, but I state in the ReadMe file that there's no dForce wind preset for my product.

You can try to modify the dForce Modifier Weight Node map(s), play with the dForce Surface parameters (stiffness, density etc), there is no rule and each hairstyle will react differently (and even each surface).

I do not own the Voss Hair, so I can't give any specific advices for this product. I can say that applying dForce to Non-dForce Hairstyles is a bit tricky...

I hope you'll find better advices and help on the forum.

Have a nice day!