Props need constant fitting...

When I set up and adjust propt on G3F it takes a lot of time to get it to fit properly so its really frustrating to find that when I change the pose of the character wearing the prop it needs to be fitted/adjusted  again. I mostly set the prop as parented to the hip. Also for the sake of clarity this is a third party prop freebie, but one from a relaible creator.

Is there a way to set things up in DAZ to have the prop follow the figure, so that once set up, if I change the pose of the character, the prop will remain in the correct position...

Hope I have explained this clearly, its often the case that because one can't frame the question properly the solution can't be found..

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited April 2022

If your prop is for example in the left hand of your character, you must parent it to the left hand of your character, not to the hip. The prop will then follow that left hand when you modify the pose. Save as a Scene Subset to ensure you didn't spend so much time to pose the prop and the left hand for nothing.

Have a nice day!

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513
    edited April 2022

To add to the above, if you're parenting something to the hip area of the figure, such as a holster, you can parent it to the appropriate non-hip bone body part (such as the thigh, pelvis, abdomen).

When I've done this I load the prop unparented, position it where I want it on the figure, find the closest non-hip bone, then use the "parent in place" checkbox when I parent the item so it doesn't jump to the default position for that bone.

Post edited by Chezjuan on