Using a Shader AND Layered Image Editor

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

So I have a Fabric Shader set that has White Satin as an option. I would like to use that on a clothing item and then place a custom made PNG I have on it as a logo. But when you apply that type of shader, it over takes the map of that item so placeing a layered image doesn't work. If that's the way it is and my idea isn't something that is possible in Daz...okay, whatever. But before I gave up, I thought I'd check. I've tried everything I can think of but there's got to be someone out there smarter than me. It wouldn't be hard :P

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• If the shader doesn't use maps at all then you may need to use a Decal instead  (Create menu). However, you should be able to use the Layered Image Editor for any map applied, regardless of shader.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388
    edited April 2022

Ohhhh a Decal! Yes! I forgot about those! Okay, it kinda sorta worked. As you can see, the picture is clear but even though it's a PNG that has no background, it still loads one. You can see there is plain white all around it and is different than the shader.

So...dead end on this idea?

Capture.JPG
    396 x 395 - 26K
    Post edited by DDCreate on
  • Try creating a mask image in your image editor - with luck it will have a lock transparency option, so you would just flood fill the image with white and put a black background behind it and aply that to the Cutout Opacity.