Lighting and images

MJWMJW Posts: 517

I am hardly a newbie, but have not used Daz for a long time. I am trying to generate a scene to show how some signage will work in a display unit.

1. I am struggling to apply images to planes or primitives, retaining the original  the original colouring. I have, for example, a black text on white ground which is showing in Daz as white text.
  2. Lighting: I have always been able to adjust the lumens power of lighting, but this is no longer an option in the parameters pane for the individual lights. How do I spread or brighten lights nowadays, please?

Sorry if this seems stupid, but I have to complete the project quickly.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

How are you applying the image in 1? What lights are you usign in 2 - with iray as the active render engien you certainly should have the luminosity controls

• MJWMJW Posts: 517

Thanks Richard. I am selecting the object (would prefer to select a single face, but doesn't seem possible for a primitive cube, for example) and selecting the base in diffuse and browsing for the image. Working some of the time today, though.

In 2 I am using a distant and a point light.

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 132

MJW said:

In 2 I am using a distant and a point light.

Is Photometric Mode "on" in parameters pane for those lights? If not, those parameters like Luminous Flux (Lumen) are not available.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Could you post a screen shot of the Surface settings (or even a materials preset, along with the image used) for the texture problem?

By the way, you can use the Geometry Editor to split the model into more than one surface - select the cube, activate the tool, and click on the polygon you want to make its own surface. Right-click>Geometry Assignment>Create Surface from Selected and give it a name - just note that for any given piece of geometry in the scene there can be only one set of surfaces or groups.