Render resolution stuck in 1080p

Hi

Pretty much as the title says. I have a scene, and I've been working with 1080p renders while building it. But I wanted to do a 4K render, so I changed the resolution, ran it (and walked away). When it was finished it was a 1080p render. I also (as a test) tried a 720p settingand got a 1080p result.

I've restarted Daz. And my PC.

I created a new scene with a basic 8.1 male and was able to render in 4K, so it looks like something is corrupted in my scene.

I've changed the setting to 4K and re-saved the scene, still I get a 1080p render.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Or why it's ignoreing the Daz Studio settings?

Thanks.

Rich.

Comments

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 555
    edited May 2022

rich said:

Hi

Pretty much as the title says. I have a scene, and I've been working with 1080p renders while building it. But I wanted to do a 4K render, so I changed the resolution, ran it (and walked away). When it was finished it was a 1080p render. I also (as a test) tried a 720p settingand got a 1080p result.

I created a new scene with a basic 8.1 male and was able to render in 4K, so it looks like something is corrupted in my scene.

I've changed the setting to 4K and re-saved the scene, still I get a 1080p render.

Thanks.

Rich.

You might have a camera in your scene that has set Use Local Dimensions. This can override the render settings on a per camera basis. Check the properties of the camera you have selected for rendering.

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133

rich said:

Hi

Thanks.

Rich.

Yep, quote markus...also you can use render to window instead of render to file (im supposing your have this setting) so you can have direct preview of the render and also, if you have a low spec pc, use the post denoiser, it start at 8 iteraction and you will see a preview of the final image good check the overall illumination.

• markusmatern said:

You might have a camera in your scene that has set Use Local Dimensions. This can override the render settings on a per camera basis. Check the properties of the camera you have selected for rendering.

Many thanks! You were quite correct. I think I must have used a cemera that was built into the environment I used.

Thanks again.

Rich

• DireWorks said:

Yep, quote markus...also you can use render to window instead of render to file (im supposing your have this setting) so you can have direct preview of the render and also, if you have a low spec pc, use the post denoiser, it start at 8 iteraction and you will see a preview of the final image good check the overall illumination.

Yes I use a render window, I either locked my screen before it put up the first image or just didn't notice it was the wrong size when it popped up.

Thanks for the tips!

My CPU isn't up to much by todays standards, but it's a 6 core i7, butI've just put in a RTX 3080 so it's rendering pretty well. The iray view is actually useful now as a quick check :)

Thanks again.

Rich.