Frustrating problems with installing & finding my content.

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi guys. It's my first time actually posting here, just wish this were on a positive note. I currently installed (and trying with horrible results) to use Daz Studio 4.0.3.47 (Windows 7 64bit). Basically I've had up to here with installing / uninstalling the content / software over and over again just hoping everything will work out. I pretty much have an idea where the content supposed to, I believe in My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library, but nothing will show up in my panels. I really need to work this problem out for this is keeping from actually enjoying the use of Daz Studio.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

All of your content will appear in the Content Library tab, in either Poser Foramts or DAZ Studio Formats, depending on what it is.

The Smart Content tab is dependant on othe rthings, like whether the CMS (Content Management Service) is running or not, and whether the product has Metadata or not. Everything WILL appear in the Content Library tab though regardless. To find the Content Library tab if it is not visible, go to Window > Tabs and it should be listed there. It can then be docked like any other tab.

Most of the content sold here before the Genesis figure was released was in Poser Format. Genesis is really a DAZ Studio only figure at the moment, and you will find it in the DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis.

See how you get on with that?

• edited December 1969

I probably should have also included that a few installers, like Victoria 4, look for the specific folder to install to. It think it wants to use to specified location involving the earlier version 3; since I'm not using version 3 I am sending it to the "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" location. Also a couple more questions, when first install Daz 4 I read somewhere that when the prompt comes up ask if I want CMS auto-configurations I should leave that box unchecked, would this have any affect how it loads?

Then about the Windows>Tabs, no Tabs in the menu.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,670
    edited December 1969

Are you selecting DAZ Studio as the target application when asked?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

drnwrkrb said:
    I probably should have also included that a few installers, like Victoria 4, look for the specific folder to install to. It think it wants to use to specified location involving the earlier version 3; since I'm not using version 3 I am sending it to the "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" location.

Yes, all the older installers will default to plunking everything into a D|S3 "Content" location if you let everything run as default. This is not a good idea if you have a D|S4 "My Library" content location, especially if you've never had D|S3 installed and so never had a "Content" folder. You will have one after letting one of these installers do what it wants...

The best thing to do, whether you're installing an old item or a brand new one, is to always use the "custom install" option, this lets you check where the installer wants to put things, and gives you a chance to tell it where you want to put things. Many people swear by the old installers (and just as many swear at them!) but they were never designed to handle the change of content location that came in with D|S4. Use the customise option, and you can tell the installer where to go.

(Wait, that didn't sound quite right somehow...)

• edited August 2012

I also see this even when installing Victoria 5 (Installation Path: C:\Users\SONY VAIO\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content). Naturally I do go on from there and search for the correct directory but then WHO knows what's going to happen...well actually V5 showed up, just wish V4 would do the same.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention when I'm selecting the target application, the pull-down menu exhibits a list of two Daz Studios. Doesn't say which version, but when I select either one and go to the next screen it plops down that D|S3 “Content” location again.

Post edited by whatstudio_a3bdaca3b8 on
    edited December 1969

To find V4 in the Content Library tab, go to Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People. As I said before, all of the figures made by DAZ 3D before Genesis, were in Poser Format, so you must look in Poser Formats to find them.

When you installed V4 to the My Library folder, did you run the initialise script when asked by the installer? If not, you should uninstall V4, and run the installer again. Make sure that the path ends with 'My Library', and also make sure that you install all files, including the ones with 'dpc' in the filename. You need to install both the DAZ Studio AND Poser files for V4.

• wozzykwozzyk Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi, I have similar problem. DAZ installation OK. I installed 3 files with Victoria 4 content, downloaded from my dowloadable content (ps_pe069_Victoria4, ps_pe069_Victoria4DS and ps_pe069_Victoria4PwrLoader) in this order. During installation of Victoria I selected target application Poser (all files) and destination folder .../My Library. There is also sub folder People / Victoria 4. This folder contains only 2 subfolders and no files.

So I have two folders with some content People / Victoria 4/Materials and People / Victoria 4/Poses.
    So I have something in folders, but nothing in DAZ (no new poses, neither people).

Could you tell me, what am I doing wrong?
    My comp system is Windows 7, 64 bit. DAZ is also 64 bit version. Before DAZ 4, I had there previous version DAZ 3, but it is uninstalled and for library I use different folder.

Thanks for any help.

edited December 1969

V4 is a Poser Format figure, and you will need to look in Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People (see my previous post).

All of the figures prior to Genesis were in Poser Format, and a lot of the items that you buy in the store will appear in Poser Formats since they contain CR2 and PZ2.

The best way to find your content is by using the Content Library tab which can be found in Window > Tabs if it is not already visible.

• wozzykwozzyk Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Last sentence was what I was looking for. :-) I was trying to find it in new menu panel and could not open Content library (I am newbie in DAZ). Now it seems, that all content is acessible.

• edited December 1969

OK! I think I finally got it. At first I trouble with that Windows>Tabs thing, but found out later it was set up on some kind of new layout that's still in beta so I changed my view layout and everything appeared. Finally was able to open my Content Library & so far so good found everything there. Thanks a bunch for the help!