Quick Questions about Emission Properties

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

At least I hope it's quick. My question is how to add emission to an object that doesn't have an emission channel. For instance, I have a Police Locker Room that has overhead florescent lighting. The "light bulb" portion of the light doesn't have an emission channel but I want it to. Am I out of luck or is there a workaround for this? I know I can try other lighting options and will, I just thought I'd check about that because occasionally I run into this.

Thanks!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

What shader does it have, and what render engine are you using? If you're rendering in Iray, all you need to do is make sure it has the Iray Uber shader, which has an emissive property.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Gordig said:

What shader does it have, and what render engine are you using? If you're rendering in Iray, all you need to do is make sure it has the Iray Uber shader, which has an emissive property.

There is an Emissive preset that is better than the main Iray Uber Base as reduces the amount of fiddling needed.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

THE IRAY UBER SHADER!! I forgot all about that! Good tip!

Richard, I'm curious about your suggestion too. Where do I find this Emissive Preset? Adding the Uber Shader worked like a charm but I'm all about having tools in my tool belt.

Thank you both!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

It's in the same folder/category as the base (it is applying Iray Uber Base, just with different settings)