helmet and hair together..hair in front has issues...

So i brought this amazing helmet for G3 at Renderosity and i didnt click there was hair attached to it so it fits perfectly with the helmet.

When its in the back it looks ok, in the front over the shoulders however the ends sort of tapers weirdly.

You can see it here.

What would be the trick  for this to be better ? transparancy ? what ?

best headgear queen fake hair.jpg
1200 x 1560 - 1M

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,924

It looks to me like whomever made the hair was attempting to be arty with the transparency mapping. First thing you can try doing is messing around with the transparency/cutout settings in the surface tab, but that might affect the overall look of the hair. I suspect that the answer will be found in the transparence map. If you feel confident at all, you can go in and take a look at the transparency map and see how they "wispied" up the ends and then make your own transparency map with less "wisp" on the ends.

• montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited June 2022

Ok thanks. :-)

FeralFey said:

It looks to me like whomever made the hair was attempting to be arty with the transparency mapping. First thing you can try doing is messing around with the transparency/cutout settings in the surface tab, but that might affect the overall look of the hair. I suspect that the answer will be found in the transparence map. If you feel confident at all, you can go in and take a look at the transparency map and see how they "wispied" up the ends and then make your own transparency map with less "wisp" on the ends.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on