What's the Deal With Victoria 8's Pucker/Pressed Morphs? [SOLVED]

felixtrey2003felixtrey2003 Posts: 28
edited May 2022 in New Users

So for some reason, Victoria 8's Lips Pucker/Pressed just makes the face look goofy. The same parameter seems to function just fine for V8.1 and V7 models respectively. I don't remember when this started, but I recall not having this issue before. Does anyone else have this issue with Victoria 8/Genesis 8 Female models? Attached is a side-by-side comparison of V7, V8, and V8.1 with the Lips Pucker/Pressed morph at 100%. Is this just one of those "You gotta update the program version and it'll go away" things?

I'm using DAZ version 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition (64-bit).

PUCKERUP.png
702 x 646 - 672K
Post edited by felixtrey2003 on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Do you have Auto Face Enhancer installed?

• PerttiA said:

I do! I tried uninstalling it just now and the problem still persists. Is this a known issue with Auto Face Enhancer? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

felixtrey2003 said:

PerttiA said:

I do! I tried uninstalling it just now and the problem still persists. Is this a known issue with Auto Face Enhancer? 

At least in the past AFE was 100% enabled by default, ie. it was exagerating expressions all the time, making everybody look like the Joker from Batman. 

If you enable "Show Hidden Properties" in Parameters Tab and select "Currently Used", you should see which dials are activated.

• PerttiA said:

felixtrey2003 said:

PerttiA said:

At least in the past AFE was 100% enabled by default, ie. it was exagerating expressions all the time, making everybody look like the Joker from Batman. 

If you enable "Show Hidden Properties" in Parameters Tab and select "Currently Used", you should see which dials are activated.

So I already had the hidden properties visible, but I never would have suspected AFE was 100% enabled by default, even after deleting it. I had to go into my data folder and manually delete the .dsf files that for some reason were still there. And now V8 morphs are normalized again, thank the gods! This honestly feels like an oversight.

Thank you for the lead! I would have had no idea what was causing the issue. I appreciate it. Problem solved!