Downloadable Video Tutorials?

riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

is it on the DAZ plans to make downloadable version of the youtube tutorials?
it would be quite nice to have those tutorials available to Download and to burn them into a DVD or something like that, so that we can study DAZ while we are offline or traveling

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have all of the ones that I want on my PC. I use a piece of free software called YouTube Downloader, and I download them directly from YouTube to a folder of my choice. It is very easy to use, and is worth downloading.

• riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have all of the ones that I want on my PC. I use a piece of free software called YouTube Downloader, and I download them directly from YouTube to a folder of my choice. It is very easy to use, and is worth downloading.
    but it would be a lot better if DAZ released all the videos in a DVD ready file or even a .ISO image
    I could make it for them if they wanted, just need to get my hands on the MPG files to make it, since they already have the playlists on youtube it would be a lot easier to organize the files for the DVD...
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ripping and sending out DVD's is time consuming and I would guess not cost effective considering YouTube downloader and Real Player giving us the choice of downloading and burning a DVD ourselves. I use Real Player to download all the vids I need.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I use FireFox with Download Helper to save all of DAZ's video as MP4s, and there are any number of free add-ons for FireFox that will allow you to capture video from sites like YouTube.

edited December 1969

I know that there are plugins for FF, in fact I have Batch Youtube Downloader + Download Them All installed on my computer and I have already downloaded everything I needed from DAZ3d Channel on Youtube, but I am sure a lot of people who work with DAZ don't have the time to search for plugins and stuff like this and would like to get their hands on a piece of DVD like I mentioned (the videos are already done, so it would not be that hard for DAZ3d team to put them together into a DVD or an ISO file so that people can burn it into a DVD or a VCD.
    that is just a suggestion not a request (they could even be selling this DVD on the store or giving it for free)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ have even stopped burning Itemised Order History to DVDs, a paid for service, as it was not cost effective. They are unlikely to create DVDs for sale in the store. They used to sell Bryce DVDs here, but the postage for me in the UK was off putting to say the least.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I used to be anal about not having CD/DVD copy of software etc but I am better now. LOL

edited December 1969

DAZ have even stopped burning Itemised Order History to DVDs, a paid for service, as it was not cost effective. They are unlikely to create DVDs for sale in the store. They used to sell Bryce DVDs here, but the postage for me in the UK was off putting to say the least.

downloadable ISO would do the trick for the DVD... everyone has a DVD burner on the computer these days, so it would no be a problem... and tutorials are ALWAYS WELCOME... even better when made by the software creators!
    edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    I know that there are plugins for FF, in fact I have Batch Youtube Downloader + Download Them All installed on my computer and I have already downloaded everything I needed from DAZ3d Channel on Youtube, but I am sure a lot of people who work with DAZ don't have the time to search for plugins and stuff like this and would like to get their hands on a piece of DVD like I mentioned (the videos are already done, so it would not be that hard for DAZ3d team to put them together into a DVD or an ISO file so that people can burn it into a DVD or a VCD.
    that is just a suggestion not a request (they could even be selling this DVD on the store or giving it for free)

I wouldn't mind the option of buying an HD DVD or Blu-Ray, but it'd have to be updated however often DAZ puts out a new video. Is there enough of a demand to make this a worth-while product for DAZ?

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    I wouldn't mind the option of buying an HD DVD or Blu-Ray, but it'd have to be updated however often DAZ puts out a new video. Is there enough of a demand to make this a worth-while product for DAZ?

If people go out to DAZ youtube channel there is demand on such product, right?

edited December 1969

Well, I just checked DAZ's YouTube channel, and the view counts are all over the place, depending on the particular video. Some have as few as 1K views, and some are pushing 40K. I'd say average views per video is about 5K to 8K, somewhere in there. Depending on how much effort DAZ put into it and how much they charged for the final HD product, there might be a few bucks to be had.