Reduce file size of export (obj)? Comes out at ~1gb!

Hi, is there a way to reduce the file size of an exported .obj file? I have many .obj that came out as ~20mb which is fine, but then one character comes out closer to 1gb! I think it's her hair and jacket but I don't know how to reduce the file size.. I need to reduce it because when I later open it in blender the program crashes..

What I do notice as different from the characters that come out as ~20mb, is that this character still has color on jacket and hair when in smooth view - the smaller characters are all gray in smooth view. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or how to change it..

Character in question below along with my export settings.

what.png
403 x 428 - 124K
settings.png
455 x 485 - 25K

Comments

• Which hair is that?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Looks like Side Swept Rose Hair.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,895

Best way to reduce size is to make sure the items are in base resolution before you export. The higher the resolution the more polygons you get :)

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which hair is that?

@Gordig is correct, it's the Side swept rose hair 

• Mada said:

Best way to reduce size is to make sure the items are in base resolution before you export. The higher the resolution the more polygons you get :)

Thank you! 
    Changing everything from high quality to base did bring it down from ~1gb to ~200mb and I got it to work in Blender now :)