Does Daz have a tool to fix clipping?

arrjeearrjee Posts: 41

If you look at the left elbow of the character in the attached image, you'll see what I mean in regard to "clipping".  She has a bit of her white shirtsleeve showing through her brown coat.

I'm coming from fallout 4 modding, where I got used to loading the affected articles of clothing into the Outfit Studio tool (made by a community member) and adjusting the fit so that the under garments stayed under the outer garments.  Does Daz have a similar tool that I could use to fix this sort of thing?

Clipping.png
510 x 677 - 576K

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,072

I use https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber-win a ton to fix that. Alternatively, you can also change the collision of the coat (in the parameters tab) from the character to the shirt and then use then increase the smoothing to fix that.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

daz studio doesn't do layered clothing very well unless all the items are from the same set and it was modeled that way. You have several options for layered clothing in DS, first off use a tool like mesh grabber to move vertices. 2 look to see if the clothing item has morphs that help to change size or movemnet. 3 apply a smoothing modifier with collision (edit - figure - geomoetry - add smoothing modifier)  so that one clothing item collides with the other, but this can only collide with one item and isn't always 100%. You can also use the geometry editor to hide parts of the underlying mesh so it doesn't show.

• In this case you could also probably go into the Scene pane, select the shirt sleeves, and turn off their visibility (using the eye icon next to their entry in the Scene pane or using the Visible button in the Parameters pane). dForms are also an option, included with Daz Studio, as are Push Modifiers - both of which can be weight-mapped so you can paint the effect on; for example, apply a Push Modifier (same emnu as the Smoothing Modifier), give it a weight node from the Create menu, switch to the Node Weightmap brish tool, then select the influnce weights in Tool Settings, right-click>Weight Editing>Clear map (from memory), give the Push Modifier a negative offset, and just paint over the areas you wish to lose.