Face Transfer Jaws

I find that Face Transfer gives me some pretty remarkable results. Noses usually need adjusting but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. The problem that I have is with the jaws. I am trying to create two characters using Face Transfer both of whom have distinct jowls. The program (FaceGen and old Faceshop 8 do the same thing.) rounds the jaw/chin area (see attached Jpgs). I have every Genesis 8 morph pack know to man or Daz for Genesis 8 but don't seem to be able to morph the jaw into the shape that I want. All suggestions are appreciated,

Jaw01.jpg
718 x 659 - 61K
Jaw02.jpg
326 x 228 - 26K

Comments

• Looking at the jaw in the second image, I don't think you're going to get much closer than that without exporting the model over to an editor and custom shaping it yourself. When it comes to morph packs, more doesn't necessarily mean better since a lot of them do the same thing when it comes to changing the G8 M/F geometry's orientation.

I'm hoping at some point they start making individual HD morphs for various parts of the head(nose, mouth, cheeks, ears, etc.) & body.

• I have to agree with you. I have a lot of morphs that for all intents and purposes do substantially the same thing. I also agree that probably the only solution is to export it to an editor. The nose I can actually model with morphs except that it really dips in in the transition between between the forehead and the start of the nose ridge which I fixed with with mesh grabber.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266

You might find something in the aging sector that helps, jowls perhaps.

https://www.daz3d.com/aging-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s