Help on weird nails color ?

tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 311
edited June 2022 in New Users

Hello,

I get brown nails like this on this character, I don't know why, it doesn't appear like the normal texture for this product (Sai for Sanjay), is there a setting I can use to fix this ? In Surfaces tab perharps ?

nails.jpg
216 x 205 - 34K
Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on

Comments

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

Can't you use the nails of another character?

Normally nail materials for characters are interchangeable without problems. 

• I'm really new to Daz studio, I don't now yet how to do that, still looking to change Sai material from Owen ones for the nails. 

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278
    edited June 2022

Select the smart content pane. Chose the product you want and double click on it.

Go under materials and double click on the nails you want while the character is selected in the right pane.

Make sure to select the right materials (depending on the render engine you use, normally iray or 3delight).

nails.JPG
    2213 x 960 - 207K
    Post edited by ps2000 on
  • Yes, I know how to to that, by my character seems to do not have .duf buttons for nails. I managed to find where are the textures on my HD but in poser there was a material room where we could change texture when there were no button for it, I don't know how to do in Daz.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

With your character selected in the Scene Tab, you can choose any other character's nails Material Presets. Material Presets of a G3 will work for a G8 as they share the same UVs. 

You can also tweak your character's nails Material Preset in the Surfaces Tab.

Have a nice day!

Nails colors_001.png
    423 x 918 - 126K
    Nails color_002.png
    417 x 612 - 58K
    Nails color_003.png
    408 x 564 - 99K
  • ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513
    edited June 2022

I have the same character and checked it out, and the nails do appear as if they are painted brown with the default skin settings applied. When I looked at the surface, I saw that the translucency weight was 0.96, which is very high. I was able to get a more natural look by reducing that to 0.72 without needing to change the surface itself.

To do this, go to Surfaces tab -> Sai -> Surfaces -> Fingernails. When there, scroll down to Translucency Weight. You can quickly change the value by clicking the number and entering the new one, or you can play with the slider if you prefer. 

Sai Nails.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • Thanks both of you, my problem is gone :)