Does using copied poses slow down render time?

ShadowzShadowz Posts: 45

I have noticed something weird and I can't understand why. Basically I have a number of poses I have from other creators and when I locate their poses from their files and use it on my character, the render seems fine and is quite fast. However to speed up my workflow I copied all my favourite poses in a new folder so its MyName > Favourite Poses. And the way I would copy the poses is simply locating that pose, right click copy and then paste it in my Favourite Poses folder.

Now If I apply the pose from my Favourite Poses Folder, I noticed that the render took 21minutes compared to 4 minutes if I apply the poses from original folders. Its the same pose and everything is the same except the only difference is that in one scenario I am applying the copied pose from my favourite poses folder and the other way is I am applying the pose from the original folder.

The reason why I created these folders to contain all my favourite poses etc is to speed up the workflow, so I don't have to hunt down each different pose by different creators and their folder structures.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883

Pose preset location should not affect rendering time in any way, it must be something else that is causing this.