Need help fixing smart content

My smart content tab isnt working and something about call postgresql isnt working. Could someone please help me fix it?

Comments

• It is always useful to give more specific details. In this case i suspect that you are getting a pop-up when starting Daz Studio that says a PostgreSQL connection is required, PostgreSQL being the database engine used for Smart Content and other database-driven views.

Assuming that is correct, was it working before on that system? Have you had any updates that you know of, or done a system restore, or reisntalled since it was working? What are your system details, and what security software ar you using?

• Richard Haseltine said:

It is always useful to give more specific details. In this case i suspect that you are getting a pop-up when starting Daz Studio that says a PostgreSQL connection is required, PostgreSQL being the database engine used for Smart Content and other database-driven views.

Assuming that is correct, was it working before on that system? Have you had any updates that you know of, or done a system restore, or reisntalled since it was working? What are your system details, and what security software ar you using?

Yes, I did some cleanup on my laptop to get more space, and now it is not working

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Sounds like you deleted something important - I suggest undoing whatever you did.

• SofaCitizen said:

Sounds like you deleted something important - I suggest undoing whatever you did.

Can't, happened over a month ago

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

:/

Then since you can't provide more specific details I guess you'll have to uninstall and reinstall Daz from scratch.

• SofaCitizen said:

:/

Then since you can't provide more specific details I guess you'll have to uninstall and reinstall Daz from scratch.

Already did that, problem persists.

• Where is your database (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings, the Content Cluster)?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited July 2022

What is the exact error message you are getting? Did you delete or block PostgreSQL from your computer? Daz Studio needs PostgreSQL for Smart Content. You should be able to install it from DIM if it is missing from your computer. See attached screenshot.

If the PostgreSQL problem is solved, try reimporting metadata from the Content Library pane's context menu. See attached screenshots. Metadat is what populates Smart Content.

Screenshot 2022-07-29 160040.jpg
    563 x 506 - 45K
    Screenshot 2022-07-29 160148.jpg
    272 x 261 - 17K
    Screenshot 2022-07-29 161027.jpg
    683 x 532 - 58K
    Post edited by barbult on

Where is your database (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings, the Content Cluster)?

user/gorekitty/appdate/roaming/dazstudio/cms 

• gorekitty13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure? It's going to be appdata rather than appdate, the the parent to the cms folder would usually be daz 3d. In any event, is the folder still there? And does it contain a subfolder named ContentCluster?

gorekitty13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure? It's going to be appdata rather than appdate, the the parent to the cms folder would usually be daz 3d. In any event, is the folder still there? And does it contain a subfolder named ContentCluster?

Typo

• So what is the full path, and does it exist?