Convert a G8.1 character to a G8 ... Is it possible ?

Hi ! I have a pretty advanced character, a Genesis 8.1 that I customized but I only realized too late that my character is a Genesis 8.1, since I have a lot of morphs for G8 initially, but I didn't noticed that I had a G8.1 character.

Now, I wanted to apply the various facial expressions I got, for G8; but only some facial parts are moving.. And sometimes, nothing move. All my morphs are for G8. It worked for the body parts/morphs but not for the facial expressions.

What should I do ? I would like to convert my character to a G8 since all I have is for G8...
HELP please !! Is it even possible....?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english !

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

•  

PerttiA said:

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

As strange as it is for me, it worked !!

I deleted those files and now the faces expressions for G8 works on my G8.1 so that's all that matters ! Thanks a lot for this clear explanation !

Have a good day ! :)

• Strangely I only have Base Pose Head for this path...

../Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base Pose Head

...concerning the bunch of G8.1F models I own, there is no /Female8_1/Morphs/daz 3d/Base Pose Head directory :{

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

vascoaredji said:

Strangely I only have Base Pose Head for this path...

../Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base Pose Head

...concerning the bunch of G8.1F models I own, there is no /Female8_1/Morphs/daz 3d/Base Pose Head directory :{

1. Have you installed the updated Genesis 8 Starter Essentials? The Genesis 8.1 base figures and files were added to it in January 2021.

2. How do you install your content?

3. Do you log in to DS or have you given DS the permission to store your login credentials, so it can automatically log in to DAZ servers?