Interactive Tutorials cause background UI to disappear

aaronaaron Posts: 4

Good morning all!

Daz new user here.  I've got everything installed and have successfully monkeyed around with the software a bit.  I'd like to now go through the interactive tutorials, but I'm having a bit of an issue in that the moment that I start the lesson, all of the app UI (including menu bars, scrollers, viewports, etc.) disappears - which as you might expect makes it somewhat difficult to make any real progress. :D  The lesson will continue as if everything is working properly, but the indicators just highlight blank areas.  Interestingly, the blank areas continue to work as if there are active controls in there somewhere - you just can't see them.

I'm attaching a screenshot so that you can see what I'm talking about.

My system config is as follows:

• iMac Pro 64GB RAM, Intel Xenon W, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

• 2x27" monitors

• MacOS 12.3.1

• DAZ Studio 4.2.0.17 Pro edition (64 bit)

Any suggestions as to what I may be missing or have otherwise done wrong?

Thanks,

Aaron

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.37.52 AM.png
3364 x 1980 - 2M

Comments

• Try selecting a different style - Window>Style>Select Style. It sounds as if somehow the colours are ending up with the same values, so you can't see anything but the elements are still being drawn grey-cat-on-an-ashpile-at-twilight style.

• aaronaaron Posts: 4

Good morning Richard,

Thank you for the suggestion!  I've tried each of the different styles and they all act identically in that they all blank things out as in my previously posted image.

I've also tried different monitors, different configurations, etc.  No meaningful change. :(

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron

• The main windows are OK when not using a tutorial? If it isn't a style issue I am not sure what it could be - for me, on a Windows system, they are behaving correcty

Indeed.  I can use the product with no unexpected issues normally.  It's just the tutorial which causes this to happen.

I have no doubt that it runs fine on a Windows system - and likely does on most OS X systems as well... I assume it's something specific to my setup.  That's what I'm trying to diagnose.

OK, I've just installed DS on another machine (another macOS machine - this time a laptop) and am having the same problem.  Can any other macOS users confirm that this works?  I'm 80% sure that this is something wonky on my machines, but I can't figure out what that might be.