Is there a way to pose props other than rotating individual bones?

Hello,

I want to pose a prop that extends from a character to an object or another character.  Having to adjust the rotation in all the individual bones takes forever and, for me atleast, yields poor results.  Is there another way to do this?  I attached screenshots as and example.  In the example I want the tentacle to extend from the characters hand to the sphere.  I tried postioning the object relative to the character and pinning the bone closesest to the character in place.  I then tried grabing the opposite end of the prop with the universal tool to drag it to the sphere but the end will not move, only the single bone at the end rotates.  If you can pin a character's feet in place and then drag their head around, why does it not work with props?

DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro 7_31_2022 4_45_44 PM.png
2560 x 1377 - 739K
DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro 7_31_2022 4_55_04 PM.png
2560 x 1377 - 447K

Comments

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Have you tried Multi-Selecting the bones in the scene tab and using the rotation dials that way? Also is there a pose controls section on the prop?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,444

Also, try the Active Pose tool. You can grab the end and pull it where you want it to go. It does depend on the angle at which you view the parts, since you can only move in two dimensions on screen. You can get relatively smooth curves fairly quick (if that is what you want). Some tweaking might be required.

• Thank you Eliandra and NorthOf45!  I have been unable to work with DAZ for the last month due to work and health issues.  I will try your suggestions.