Moving Libraries - Can both these folders get moved?

Hi,

I've reached the point where I need to make room on my "C" drive and place my DAZ content in another drive.  I understand the process for moving the My Daz 3D Library, but I see this other file in the same User directory called Daz 3D.

It appears to be info from the Install Manager, it's around 150GB.  The other folder; My Daz 3D Library has 400GB. (Please see attached screenshots.)

I use Daz Central to install my content, but I assume Daz still uses Install Manager in the background??  Can (or should) I move the Daz3d folder also? I know how to direct DAZ to the new drive for my library content, but I don't know where 

I'd change the Daz3D folder location.   Since it has that 150GB in it, it would be great to have it off of my "C" drive,also. 

If someone could please tell me if it's safe to move both these folders, or should I only move the library folder.  I'm hoping to not screw up everything and have to start from scratch. 

Thanks for any help!

2022-08-03 09_40_08-Documents.jpg
1229 x 418 - 91K
2022-08-03 09_40_38-Downloads.jpg
1197 x 1202 - 517K

Comments

• Those are XML files, desxcribing the zips - they are pretty small, and if you keep using Daz Central you annot separately cofnigure the locations used (with Install Manager you can, and Daz Central will then respect the changes).

• jgmartjgmart Posts: 18
    edited August 2022

@RichardHaseltine Thank you for the info. Now I understand.

Post edited by jgmart on