How to claim free items from the banner? Please Help!

LonginusLonginus Posts: 4
edited August 2022 in New Users

I registered an account this week, and I keep getting these orange banners on top of my DAz page: "Free Item! (Item name)" and clicking it says I have two days to claim it. However when I click the item name on the message, it takes me to my product library account page, with a big dark grey "loading icon." I have allowed all scripts, it never goes anywhere, I can't load or claim this item. I have already missed several of these and it stresses me out.

Please Help!

Post edited by Longinus on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

I don't think it should be taking you there unless you have already claimed the items? I think I may have clicked the orange link to do that previously but more recently I have been using the links in the email - have you tried that? Or perhaps going to the items pages directly - they should say the price is free and you can add them to your basket and checkout. The recent ones are Laboratory Workstation and Vegetable Plot - Veg Plants and Raised Beds for Iray I believe. Also, there are some weekly freebies via the shop link: daz3d.com/free-3d-models.

However, the loading icon that never goes away may be a browser/plugin/extension issue - have you tried in a different browser to see if that helps?

•  

SofaCitizen said:

I don't think it should be taking you there unless you have already claimed the items? I think I may have clicked the orange link to do that previously but more recently I have been using the links in the email - have you tried that? Or perhaps going to the items pages directly - they should say the price is free and you can add them to your basket and checkout. The recent ones are Laboratory Workstation and Vegetable Plot - Veg Plants and Raised Beds for Iray I believe. Also, there are some weekly freebies via the shop link: daz3d.com/free-3d-models.

However, the loading icon that never goes away may be a browser/plugin/extension issue - have you tried in a different browser to see if that helps?

I don't have messages about these on my email, only in "alerts & messages" of my account page. And these take me to the same broken loading screen. And yes, I tried another browser, same thing. Even tried loading the bage on my iPhone, same thing. Also, if I go to the shop page for the items, they show the normal price.   crying

• And, yes, I know about the "Weekly Freebies" section of the store, that sems to work fine. Also, my banner items seem to be different than those SofaCiticen mentioned... I'm so confused...

Oh, my bad, those freebies in that section are different to the ones I was talking about so sorry for the confusion. Clicking those links do take me to the Product Library page but it there is no loading icon and it shows the item in question pretty quickly. Perhaps because I have already claimed those?

The ones I was talking about before were for Daz+ Members only and so if you are not a member they will not be free for you and that may also be why you did not get the email.

Asuming you do not have a common extension on all the browsers you tried and you are not on a work/school/college network or other such place that may have a restrictive firewall/proxy that could be interefering with the page then perhaps this may be something to raise a support ticket about if no-one else can offer a solution here.

• Yeah, I did make a support ticket.

In addition of trying it on another computer, I also tried it on another computer at completely different address. Same results. My working theory is that my account is cursed. frown

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited August 2022

Some thoughts:

• Are you logged in to your account when you do all this? I assume so, but if not, be sure you are logged in first.
    • Try adding the item to your cart (ADD TO CART button on the product page). Then open your cart, not just the preview cart popup which is often wrong, but the actual cart where you can pay. Does it now show as free? Often special deals only show accurately in the cart and not on the product page, especially if the deal is restricted to certain people (new user in this case).
    • Does the message about the free item have any associated coupon code? If so, you will need to add the item to your cart and enter the coupon code in the cart to make the item free.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Some thoughts:

• Are you logged in to your account when you do all this? I assume so, but if not, be sure you are logged in first.
    • Try adding the item to your cart (ADD TO CART button on the product page). Then open your cart, not just the preview cart popup which is often wrong, but the actual cart where you can pay. Does it now show as free? Often special deals only show accurately in the cart and not on the product page, especially if the deal is restricted to certain people (new user in this case).
    • Does the message about the free item have any associated coupon code? If so, you will need to add the item to your cart and enter the coupon code in the cart to make the item free.

Yes, I'm logged on. And I tried putting the item in the cart and went to the checkout; still full price. And no, there is not code. I've used codes before, and they do work, but this doesn't come with one.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. Perhaps one of the moderators of the forum, or another user who overcame this same problem, will come by and be able to help. Other than that, I guess you will need to wait for customer service to respond to your ticket.

• If clicking on the link brought you to your Product Library, search the Product Library for the item. Sometimes things are added in manually but if not downloaded, they will be removed. So you claim it then by downloading it. This is not a frequent feature.

• @SofaCitizen, how come these are free "Laboratory Workstation and Vegetable Plot - Veg Plants and Raised Beds for Iray".

I checked the pages you mentioned, these aren't free. angry

Better mention these were free when you got them, No mad scientist laboratory, neither plants I do not see being offered free.

@Longinus, My advice to you, Ignore the banners, these are not of use, just check the freebies section continually.

Now when you said:

when I click the item name on the message, it takes me to my product library account page, with a big dark grey "loading icon.

The problem is because the page is not loading properly, you have to Refresh or Reload the page in your browser.

Also when visiting the forum, something similar may happen, this is at Daz endpoint, some outages are happening. it may come to normal at any moment.

Hope this helps.

@Halcon Bluesky yes, sorry. I was mistaken when I posted those as they were the wrong freebies - those were items offered free to Daz+ members only as apposed to ones offered free to everyone.

• @SofaCitizen, for me it does not make sense to be a Daz+ membership, I may buy some items later, I do not have the desire to spend a lot just what is needed.

• I'm suffering from the same problem.

This is the third day that shows me an orange Banner with a Free Item!

I have already tried to open it on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, but I just could download the first one.

These are the items:

Free Item! DE Binah for Genesis 8 Female

Free Item! Dolly for Genesis 8 Female

Free Item! Lauren Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

Here is the never-ending loading screen:

This is how it appears on my "Alerts & Messages":

And this is one of the messages:

@Halcon Bluesky Yeah, it won't be for everyone. I have ended up spending quite a bit so has worked out for me.

Now, I have to get cracking on more renders to put all those assets to good use!

• @rodrigokazuma

The links you have posted do not work.

Now, I went to the Shop page, did a serch and  this is what I have found:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=DE+Binah+for+Genesis+8+Female

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Dolly+for+Genesis+8+Female

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Lauren+Hair+for+Genesis+3+and+8+Female

None of these are free.

The orange banner is misleading, there are no free items.

Forget to look into the product library, (The items yoiu may have) look into the "Shop" beside the Daz logo at the top.

If you want some free items, then go there, sort by Price Low to High.

Also, you may find items you like for a lot less, hope this helps.

• Halcon Bluesky said:

(...)

The orange banner is misleading, there are no free items.

Forget to look into the product library, (The items yoiu may have) look into the "Shop" beside the Daz logo at the top.

If you want some free items, then go there, sort by Price Low to High.

Also, you may find items you like for a lot less, hope this helps.

Misleading!? I don't know, because I also received this email below telling about the gifts:

• @rodrigokazuma, Are you sure you can get these free?

Only if you are a Daz+ member.

I don't buy plenty items, so Daz+ does not suit me.

Also I never receive such kind of emails.

• There is apparently an issue here, which has been passed on to the web devs.

• Richard Haseltine said:

There is apparently an issue here, which has been passed on to the web devs.

Thanks.

I hope they can fix this issue to let us receive our gifts.

• PaperboyPaperboy Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

Hey there! I have the same problem... Free items banner ==> loading pic ==> nirvana...

Anyone at DAZ could fix this please or give an answer here what to do now? The text says these freebies are only available for me for 4 days and I really would like to claim them. Thanx!

Post edited by Paperboy on
  • Greetings to all the newbies. Yes those items are supposed to be available free for you .. and yes, there does seem to be something amiss with them being added or addable to your accounts, so take those screen pics and open a Support Ticket to Sale Support because they are who can manually put them into your accounts.