how does the poses for the Lingerie Robe Set work

so i recently bought this item https://www.daz3d.com/lingerie-robe-set-for-genesis-8-female-s and i've been trying to get the poses but for no reason nothing happens is there something im missing i have gen 8 and 8.1 females is there a specific female base i need for them to work? 

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,444
    edited August 2022

You can use either G8F or G8.1F. Start with the Base Poses from Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. The figure will pose, and the robe will follow as a conforming item. Then you select the robe and apply an additional pose from the outfit's pose collection to get that special draping. (This is how it was done before dForce).

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited August 2022

You could also add dForce to the Lingerie Robe item. Surprisingly enough dForce works fine even with the tie. Tie's all welded as a single mesh so it can be dForced and knot stays stable which is cool. Robe also gives excellent simulated results if you select the Surface called "Tie" and delete it with the Geometry Editor tool. Then the robe opens and simulates nicely.

I really wonder why some vendors (especially Nikisatez who produced quiet a lot of dForce items already) keep selling clothes without dForce or don't update their older products with dForce. It doesn't take very long to add a Dynamic Surface and configure a bit the physics properties and eventually the weights. For a result after simultaion that is SO much more gracious.

You should build your poses (not what I did for the quick test therafter) and let dForce do the rest. Which is likely what Nikisatez did to provide those already simulated morphs of the robe.

Unfortunately, 3D modeling of the robe's bottom part is crossed (nested polygons) and dForce being still barely able to untangle a tangled mesh (❛︵❛。) you'll have to play with dForce a bit (higher gravity for the scene, higher density + Self Collision set off for some Surfaces, reduced friction, a wind node from the back, etc.) to help the dress panels (aka trains ?) separate from one another. Or (better solution) make a custom morph for the bottom of the dress to untangle the geometry before simulation.

Post edited by hansolocambo on