Tesla3D - Oikos Living and Dining: How do I stop getting blurry images?

I have a problem with Oikos Living and Dining by Tesla3D.  Every render I try is blurry, far too blurry to be of any use at all.  I have tried new lighting and new cameras, but with no improvement. 

I do not have this issue with other Tesla3D products, including the other Oikos scene.  Does anyone have a workaround for this one?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513
    edited August 2022

I have that set and checked it out. It appears that some of the cameras that are included with the environment have Depth of Field on. 

The quick fix is to select the camera in the scene tab, then go to Parameters, click "Camera" then toggle the Depth of Field to off.

If you want to keep the depth of field so the subjects "pop" a bit more, then you would either need to position them at the focal point or play around with the Focal Distance and F/stop settings to adjust the focal point.

ETA: It appears that only Camera, Camera 2, and Camera 6 have the Depth of Field set to on. I also noticed that most of the cameras are set to a very wide angle (short focal length) compared to the Daz default.

camera settings.png
    996 x 348 - 35K
    Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • WillanikWillanik Posts: 44

Thanks Chezjuan!  I haven’t used depth of field and never considered that Tesla3D would set the content up with it on for some cameras and off for others!

I had previously tried adding a new camera when I was trouble shooting, and I just did this again.  Bizarrely, when you create a new camera for this set it defaults to “on” for the depth of field.  Anyway, I know how to manage it now.

Thanks again for your help.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

You're welcome.

I find that DoF on setting strange as well. I don't think any of their other sets do that.