Picking the Right clothes for a fig?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

Just about every time I try to dress a figure, I get the dialogue box "You've chosen to fit an unsupported itemt to the figure."  This is a pain as I thought the whole idea of smart content was to filter out wardrobe that won't fit a figure. I have no idea what the figure is (How do you tell what fig, for example,Olympia is? Gen 2?  Gen 5?), nor do I know what item the wardrobe was intended for (Is the JS Vest intended for a Gen, a Gen 2, or Gen 5?). There must be a better way of dressing a figure than this trial and error...mostly error.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited August 2022

You need to select the figure in the scene pane and check Filter by Context in the Smart Content pane. Then the Smart Content will only show items that are compatible with the selected figure, whatever generation it is. You don't need to worry about what generation it is.

Filter by context.jpg
    798 x 773 - 127K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Which Olympia? The number will tell you what generation she is. Generation 5, 6 and 7 correspond to Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, and 8 is 8. If the clothing doesn't say "for Genesis ___" then it's probably G2 or earlier, but you can look it up typically using the Info tag within Smart Content, or failing that, with Scene Identification: select an item in the scene pane, then click on the three-lined "hamburger" icon, go to Edit -> Scene Identification, and that will tell you what figure it's meant for.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

It's not overly visible but if you are exploring a product (and so cannot use the filter) then you can pop open the info tab (which I think might be hidden by default) and that will tell you which figure the item you have selected is for in the path name.

Obviously a nice overlay on the thumbnail would be better, maybe that will be added in a future update.

G3M.png
    1112 x 624 - 431K
    G8M.png
    1106 x 626 - 425K
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

Thanks for the tips. Super helpful. Ticking the "filter by content" box just changed my Daz-life. Really appreciate the help.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

Deke said:

Thanks for the tips. Super helpful. Ticking the "filter by content" box just changed my Daz-life. Really appreciate the help.

yes Filter by Context is what makes Smart Content smart. I'm glad you have it working now.