Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male

It's so sad that I can't use the "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male" to work on the "Anthropomorphs - Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male". Yet here it is in a photo from the products page. Any ideas how to get this to work just as good as what's in the promotion photo?

https://www.daz3d.com/anthropomorphs--chimpanzee-for-genesis-8-male

Anthropomorphs Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male.png
1804 x 2354 - 7M

Comments

• Michael L Rogers said:

It's so sad that I can't use the "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male" to work on the "Anthropomorphs - Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male". Yet here it is in a photo from the products page. Any ideas how to get this to work just as good as what's in the promotion photo?

https://www.daz3d.com/anthropomorphs--chimpanzee-for-genesis-8-male

Any ideas, sure. If you haven't already, download/install the Auto-fit clones I spent weeks making [links in my siggie], then with the default G8 figure selected, load the G3 clothing. Look for the autofit match with the "T" ...  that should get the clothing fitting G8. If it looks pretty good, do a "Save As" figure/prop file to G8's closet under DIFFERENT FOLDERS so the new .duf in the data fields does not overwrite the original file. [i.e. author = you, project = private [because you can't share this]

Fresh scene, load G8, make it base resolution, NO eyelashes, and zap the fancy skin shaders too, [this is called being nice for Hexagon] load the clothing. The G8 figure still selected, dial in the ape shape [should be somewhere on the Parameters Tab].

In the scene select the clothing, on the Parameters Tab go to Edit Mode [right-click on any dial], then go to the cog wheel of the shape for the Ape. Copy the "Name" exactly of the body morph [if the head and body are separate morphs, do not select the full character - that's a controller]. Paste that name into Notepad or something like that. Change the name of the morph to something like 'delete this' and also the 'label'. Okay and close that.

Select the figure and send it over the bridge to Hexagon [or whatever modeler you're using]. KEEP D/S OPEN [or it will close Hexagon]. In D/S select the clothing piece you will be fixing. Now dial that renamed morph to "0". 

In Hexagon rearrange the mesh so it looks nice on the Ape. Then send just the clothing back over the bridge to make the morph -- and name the morph EXACTLY what the body morph was called. [the one you pasted to Notepad or somesuch]. REVERSE DEFORMATIONS.

If you the morph is a keeper, dial it back to 0, Save the clothing now under author = you [that's okay] project = FBMs [or whatever you want].

Clear the scene, load in either G8 or the Ape, and load in that newly saved clothing. It should be looking great ;-)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Michael L Rogers said:

It's so sad that I can't use the "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male" to work on the "Anthropomorphs - Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male"

Why can't you use it, the Chimp is just morphed G8M