Why is my dforce hair getting stuck in simulation when using a pose?

Hello!

I have been trying out Daz for a couple of weeks now and just tried using my first dforce hair - MRL dForce Long Layered Hair for Genesis 8 Female with Colour Mixing. As soon as I introduce a pose that is included in the dforce simulation however half of the hair gets stiff while the other half gets stabilized as intended. Can anyone guide me on what I am doing wrong? I have tried morphing it as far out from the character as possible, same result. I am using Gravity 3 and Stabilization time 6 just to be sure it has time to simulate properly. Used on G8F. I have tried another dforce hair that worked as expected but can't get this hair in particular to work.

Hair not working.png
1570 x 1241 - 1M
Hair not working from above.png
1570 x 1241 - 2M

Comments

• Do you haev the option to start from memorised pose set in Simulation Settings, and if so what is the memorised pose?

• I don't see any included poses, what exactly are you applying?

• Sorry, thought I attached the images with the pose and error. Let's try that again. Yes I am starting from memorized pose, which is the zero position.

Hair not working.png
    1570 x 1241 - 1M
    Hair not working from above.png
    1570 x 1241 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    Usually for dForce hair you DON'T want to simulate from the default pose, because it causes issues like that. The character should be in the final pose and the hair should be posed to not intersect with the character or clothing, before you start simulation. Some hair products come with poses you use as the initial hair pose to begin the simulation. Some hair products come with simulation presets that you should apply before simulating.
  • Ah okay I see, yes that helped thank you! I had to break a few bones trying to morph the hair into place in that pose but perhaps that is a common practice when it comes to dforce hairs?