Is it possible to reverse an asymetrical hairstyle?

Most parted hairstyles I find on Daz are parted from left to right (I'm right handed, I part my hair that way, so I assume that's why most hairstyles here are like that).  I want to build a character who parts their hair from right to left.  I found a hairstyle on the store that looks similar to their hair but it's parted left to right.  Is there a way to flip a hairstyle I find on the Daz store so that it's parted the other way?

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331
    edited August 2022

Depends on the hair you are trying to convert. You can use Mirror Geometry for old-style (mesh) hair, but note that it will not work for Strand-Based and dForce hair.

ETA: Also if your character's head is not much different to the base figure (G8F or whetever) shape then you could try just parenting the hair to the head rather than fitting it and then change the scale of the hair to "-100%" on the x-axis and that should flip it for you. But I don't believe it will follow morphs and poses so you might need to tweak it a lot to look right. It's the cheapest solution so may be worth a try first though.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TogireTogire Posts: 408

You can also mirror the final render....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

arrjee said:

This is the hair: https://www.daz3d.com/beatris-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-female

I don't own that hair, but I have mirrored other Windfield hairs successfully with the Mirror Geometry product.