How Do I Get The Close Scene Button Back?

How do I get the button for closing the scene back? I'm referring to the button with a rectangular icon that is in the top left corner under "File". I have just installed DAZ on my laptop to combat "DAZ withdrawal while my desktop PC is receiving upgrades and I must have deleted it somehow.

Comments

• That sounds like a toolbar button, the default Main Toolbar doesn't have it and I don't think DS hasa close button as such - there is always an active scene - but you may want New, which is on the Main toolbar by default. Do you have any toolbar at the top? If not go to Winfow>Workspace>Customise, in the Activities tab on the right click to expand the curent (possibly only) entry, then toolbars, then right-click on the word off next to the Main toolbar and set it to On.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 199

Thanks for the help, Richard. Yes, it's a toolbar button. I was using the wrong term for it- it's the "New" button, and it has the same icon as the one next to "ctl+n". I also notice that the "Undo" button (ctl+Z) doesn't appear in the toolbar. I know I can use the keyboard commands for these, but sometimes it'suseful to have the toolbar buttons.

I did try your suggestion. It added some additional buttons to the toolbar, but not the ones I was looking for. I was hoping to get DAZ to look the same on both computers.

• I thought those buttons were there with the default layout, try Window>Workspace>Seelct Layout and choose City Limits (Lite) - it certainly looks as if it includes the toolbar with those commands

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 199
    edited August 2022

Richard, that was the simple solution! My excuse is lack of sleep...

I have been using the wrong name for this button. It's actually the New Scene button, but it works to close the current scene out so a new one could be started.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on