Smart Content navigation annoyance

I'm not really a newbie anymore, but this is a newbie question that has bugged me for a while, and it gets more annoying as I accumulate more stuff. Why is it that when you are in Smart Content --> Anything with lots of assets, eg Poses or Wardrobe, and you select one, when you use the arrow button to return to the main folder, instead of having the panel at the point where you were (so you could continue scrolling down from the point where you just were) it's scrolled to a spot a few rows below the top? Depending on how many assets you have and far down you are alphabetically, you might have to do a lot of scrolling to get back to where you were. This gets annoying if looking down your list of stuff, trying different items while looking for the right one. The thing you just exited is highlighted in yellow so it is easy to spot when scrolling quickly, but why must it do that? It doesn't seem to return to the top, either, which I could understand; it returns to a spot a few rows from the top.

Comments

• Wish I could have the same answer like you.

Sometimes when clicking the arrow you go back to the previous content, maybe a bit helpful or maybe not.

It happen these people are rumored to be working on a new version, can be this the next big thing?

What is needed is a wish list of features for the next version.

A better usability and more intuitive controls for the figures, environments, props and so on.

With a couple of months trying, no wonder, is hard to keep pace with the program. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

The best way to beat this issue is just before you open an item in Smart Content, look at where the little slider tab is on the side and where it lines up to the tabs on the edge. Depends on what you have on the same side as Smart Content, but I have Content Library, Simulation Settings, Power Pose, Render Settings, Measure Metrics. So picking one item, the tab landed on the 'S' of Simulation Settings. Then open your file, if you can use it, all good; if not close and when you are moved up to the top, move the slider back to the 'S' in Simulation Settings. Or wherever your tab landed. Or it may be between tabs.

This is not exact but it helps when you are working with a thousand plus products in one grouping like Wardrobe.

• The same problem appears everywhere. A similar issue happens in the Windows Files Explorer, so it might not be a Daz Studio issue.The good news are that I never use the "not so Smart" Content and I know where my files are in my Content Libraries. I only install my Daz original content with Install Manager and my other files manually (and I check the files structure before install). IMHO Daz Central and Daz Connect are the best way to a big mess.