Quick Question About Genesis in Poser

Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I still haven't looked at that new tutorial about how to bring Genesis into Poser but I intend to do it tonight or tomorrow. (So little time!!) Still, I have one quick question before I start seriously consider using Genesis in my work and that relates to poses.

Most poses made for Genesis are in a DS format, correct?

They are in a DS format that won't work in Poser at all, correct?

So I'll have to make my own poses for Genesis in Poser from scratch, correct?

If these are all correct, damn. I like preset poses to use as a base to morph into what I actually need for a particular scene. Rarely does a final scene's pose look quite like the preset I started with but I like have that base to work from. If there are no pose presets for Genesis in Poser, I might just skip it.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

While there are no preset poses (well, there might be one set) in poser format, Genesis will take V4/M4/K4 poses. In DS, sometimes the hands and feet get mixed up, but if you can reset those areas in Poser (separate from the whole pose) then even if there is a similar problem in Poser, it should be fixable.

The poses aren't exact, but they do work as a starting point. (Feet and abdomen are the most frequent adjustments required.)

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Okay, I didn't know if Genesis would take the V4/M4 poses since usually different meshes won't take the same poses but that actually makes sense seeing as how it's still a Daz figure. :) Hadn't really thought about it... Thanks!

I'll download the latest DS and give it a whirl tonight. I hope clothes convert better/at all now because last time I tried the conversion process this wasn't the case... and Genesis has some awesome clothing out. I also won't be able to resist all those awesome new RawArt creations. Why do I have the feeling my bank account will soon be empty??

Thanks again!

edited December 1969

Personally, I've always been able to apply poses intended for various meshes to one another, so long as the skeleton was basically the same. They need tweaking, to be sure, and some more than others, but I know I've at least used the Millenium 3 poses for Millenium 3 figures other than the ones intended (One example that springs to mind: I once needed David on his hands and knees, so I used a MilBaby 3 crawling pose.) And there are a few early V4/M3 sets that I used with V4/M4 once he was available. Because of the different proportions, I still prefer to use poses designed for the figure in question, but if I don't have it, but have something "close" for a different figure, I don't hesitate to use it.

Unless this is one of those things that Poser and DS handle differently.

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

I'm talking about using for instance V4 poses on something like the Smith Micro figures or Cookie meshes because they are grouped differently. Things like that almost take too much tweaking for it to be worth it. I for some reason assumed Genesis would have different grouping but it would make more sense for it to be the same or similar enough for pose presets.

edited December 1969

Ah. Although I did use Gen3 poses for Cookie/Chip once, but yeah, it did take more tweaking than using Gen 3 on Gen 4.