How can save and sell my morphs?

Hello there.

I am interested in selling character morphs, I do this in daz studio goz and zbrush, I save my work in daz studio as a morph, the doubt I have is that I have no idea what is the procedure to follow to do it.

How should I save these new characters, how can I save high levels (4) what is the procedure to upload them to my gallery and sell them etc.

If someone can guide me with my doubt I would appreciate it.

Regards.

untitled.1323.jpg
1280 x 952 - 95K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,401

HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA, other users don't have access to the tools for that and can only create morphs based on the base resolution mesh.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA

Only way around for non PA (Published Artist), is to export the Genesis already subdivided (preferable as subdivision algorithm might sligthly differ from an app to another) or subdivide it in any 3D modeler. One can then sculpt HD details, bake them on the low poly Genesis using UDIM compatible apps such as Substance Painter, to export an height map.

Once loaded in Daz > Surface Tab > Displacement Strength, and once defined a SubD Displacement Level, the height map will push and pull the wireframe, ending up in an effect as precise as a PA SubD. It's the only sad workaround (the vast majority) of normal users have access to.

As long as one shapes the Genesis low poly (in anything, even a horse) then sculpt on a high poly version of that morph, it's possible to generate any precise HD detail on the Genesis or a custom morph of it

Differences and drawbacks :

- Genesis SubD appears in the viewport even in shaded mode. Displacement appears only when rendered.

- Subdivision at the Surface level (SubD Displacement Level) seems to compute slower than Daz's Genesis SubD.

I made for example very detailed braces for Genesis. I sculpted a brace in ZBrush and duplicated it on each tooth. Then I baked that detail on the face UDIM using Substance Painter. Painted all that to make it look nice and exported : albedo (diffuse), metalness, roughness, normal map and height map. With a SubD Displacement of 4, those braces look great of the Genesis teeth. Without having to add geometry and weight it on the Genesis bones.

Only frustration is having to go through baking to get "HD" details.  (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Same answer to the umpteenth time this question's asked (please use the search engine a bit) :

https://www.laylo3d.com/creating-characters-and-morphs-for-daz-3d-figures-using-zbrush-goz/

Read/Watch those tutorials, write down a clean step by step workflow in a clean Word document. All you need to know is already on the net. And especially in the 2 links I gave hereabove.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • PatrickPatrick Posts: 10

hansolocambo said:

HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA

Only way around for non PA (Published Artist), is to export the Genesis already subdivided (preferable as subdivision algorithm might sligthly differ from an app to another) or subdivide it in any 3D modeler. One can then sculpt HD details, bake them on the low poly Genesis using UDIM compatible apps such as Substance Painter, to export an height map.

Once loaded in Daz > Surface Tab > Displacement Strength, and once defined a SubD Displacement Level, the height map will push and pull the wireframe, ending up in an effect as precise as a PA SubD. It's the only sad workaround (the vast majority) of normal users have access to.

As long as one shapes the Genesis low poly (in anything, even a horse) then sculpt on a high poly version of that morph, it's possible to generate any precise HD detail on the Genesis or a custom morph of it

Differences and drawbacks :

- Genesis SubD appears in the viewport even in shaded mode. Displacement appears only when rendered.

- Subdivision at the Surface level (SubD Displacement Level) seems to compute slower than Daz's Genesis SubD.

I made for example very detailed braces for Genesis. I sculpted a brace in ZBrush and duplicated it on each tooth. Then I baked that detail on the face UDIM using Substance Painter. Painted all that to make it look nice and exported : albedo (diffuse), metalness, roughness, normal map and height map. With a SubD Displacement of 4, those braces look great of the Genesis teeth. Without having to add geometry and weight it on the Genesis bones.

Only frustration is having to go through baking to get "HD" details.  (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Same answer to the umpteenth time this question's asked (please use the search engine a bit) :

https://www.laylo3d.com/creating-characters-and-morphs-for-daz-3d-figures-using-zbrush-goz/

Read/Watch those tutorials, write down a clean step by step workflow in a clean Word document. All you need to know is already on the net. And especially in the 2 links I gave hereabove.

Thank you very much, all this help me alot.

Regards.

• PatrickPatrick Posts: 10

Leana said:

HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA, other users don't have access to the tools for that and can only create morphs based on the base resolution mesh.

Thanks!