CR2 Files

Do newer versions of DS interpret CR2 files differentky that previous versions did? I'm currently using DS v 4.8.0.55 Pro 64bit; I was previously using v 4.6 . I have a CR2 for a butterfly that worked beasutifully in the version that I was using prior to 4.6, however, in both 4.6 and 4.8 that CR2 does not load properly. The item shows twice in the Scene tab but does not display in the viewport, all I get is a bounding box. Attached are screen shots showing the scene tab abd how each displays in the viewport. I opened the CR2 in a text editor and found that there are two calls to the obj, but I'm not able to determine how to adjust the CR2 so that I can once again use my little b'fly. Any ideas?

bfly-cr2-1.jpg
800 x 234 - 28K
bfly-cr2-2.jpg
1063 x 324 - 43K

Comments

• I've seen that, even in older versions of DS. In those cases it was because of an inconsistency in the way the figure was named in different parts of the CR2.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Is that the Age Of Armor butterfly?  If so, this thread shows the fixes you need to make to the cr2 file to get it working correctly:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/46609/

• bluedonkeybluedonkey Posts: 33

Yowza! It works just fine. The link you gave had two screen shots showing the incorrect (pic 1) and correct (pic two) text.  That correction was made with nil results, Then I reversed the two and bingo, perfect. The B'fly loaded and the wings were moveable, but with no texture applied. That was easily corrected using the PZ2 mat files. I tried replacing the texture NO MAP in the CR2 with the path to the texture file, but that didn't work. No biggie, the B'fly flies again! Thank you muchly for the help.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Yowza! It works just fine. The link you gave had two screen shots showing the incorrect (pic 1) and correct (pic two) text.  That correction was made with nil results, Then I reversed the two and bingo, perfect. 

Sorry about that, looks like the new forum software rearranged my pictures in that thread.

• bluedonkeybluedonkey Posts: 33

No prob. It would be great if all of life's issues were that easy to resolve, wouldn't it.

• I am having issues with the kiki base in DazStudio 4.20 pro.  I find it in the runtime/libraries/character/kiki/kiki.cr2

How do I fix this so I can use it?

Thanks much,

Pixie

• pixidesign3 said:

I am having issues with the kiki base in DazStudio 4.20 pro.  I find it in the runtime/libraries/character/kiki/kiki.cr2

How do I fix this so I can use it?

Thanks much,

Pixie

What issues? Where are you finding the runtime/libraries/character/kiki/kiki.cr2 - which pane and container, assuming you are loading it through one of the content panes?