Can I save a morphed character at "new" 100% scale?

dave_in_tenndave_in_tenn Posts: 14
edited October 2022 in New Users

Sorry for any terminology gaffs.

I'm creating characters for my main project.  I've saved my characters as "scene subsets" able to be loaded into new scenes.  Between the Growing Up series, base models I've begun with, and various other individual morphs, I've made my primary cast.  I've noticed that none of them loads at 100% scale.  I'm assuming that this scale percentage relates to G8 base figure scale.  This wouldn't really be a problem, except that scale seems to tend to drift through several "shots" and pose changes as the story unfolds.  It's also possible this "drift" has occurred with tweaks and replacing the "scene subsets".  Can this be avoided by saving the characters with their own individualized 100% scale?  If so, how can this be done.

Short version.  I want a 6'6" morphed character and a 4'4" morphed character to each load at 100% scale and still be 6'6" and 4'4".  Can I do that?  Should I do that?  How?

Post edited by dave_in_tenn on

Comments

• Not as such, no. You could fake it - create a new property named Character Scale and link it to the real Scale with a conversion factor, then hide the real scale - but that would stop whatever may be changing the scale in an unplanned way.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited October 2022

Setting the character at zero pose and then memorizing it before saving the scene subset also helps in keeping the figure at designed scale.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • dave_in_tenndave_in_tenn Posts: 14
    edited October 2022

Thank you both.  Not the best news, but at least now  I know.  I've added the "scale" percentage to the file name of each so at least I have a handy reference and can rescale them as and if needed.

How do I memorize a pose?

Post edited by dave_in_tenn on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

No... First you zero the pose of the figure, and then you memorize the figure. This will set the current value of the dials the default value for that figure, which means that if something changes your figure, you can easily restore the figure by "Restore Figure"

These commands can be found in Edit->Figure