Adding the textures imported with a new asset

I've been away from Daz for a bit and it seems i've forgotten so much. now i'm working on a time crunch. i imported a beautiful alley asset but it imported with only a few of the textures. if i remember, there's just a menu item to click to apply all the textures. now the buildings are white and a few of the props have textures. how do i add all of the textures so it looks like the product page picture? thanx!

Comments

• kirascurrokirascurro Posts: 37
    edited October 2022

so i clicked on Nivida Iray and all the textures attached, but if i try to move in the scene they fade like i'm rendering and i can't navigate. all i want to to is render this scene, transfer to Blender and then transfer to Unity. there's no Daz to Unity Bridge on this product. https://www.daz3d.com/the-alley i'm looking for Nvidia iray tutorials that address this movement and seeming render problem, but i'm not finding any. sorry, folks. i'm clueless here. i've never worked with environments in Daz, just characters.

Post edited by kirascurro on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

Why are you transferring to Blender first instead of going straight from DS to Unity?

• because this asset doesn't have a Unity bridge. wish it did! the link is above.

Have you tried, or are you just taking the product page's word that it can't be bridged? And as in your other thread, I don't understand what you think rendering is.

• i'm taking the product page's word for it. i thought rendering was always necessary, but then i read this page and wondered if that was so. https://docs.boostfordaz.com/getting-started-101/what-is-rendering-why-do-i-need-it

OK, I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

Rendering is the last step of the process (minus any post-production like color grading and compositing), which takes the 3D objects in your program and converts them into an image or movie. You wouldn't render something in DS, then bridge it over to Blender and render again, then transfer it into Unity for yet another render. If you're making a game, Unity will be doing the rendering while you're playing the game, so there is no reason to render in other programs before you get to Unity.

The Alley is an environment made for DS with Iray materials. If you want it in Unity, you can try using the Daz to Unity bridge. If that doesn't work, you can export the whole set as an OBJ and import that into Unity. There is not necessarily any need to open it in Blender unless there are specific things you need to do in Blender that you can't do in either DS or Unity.

• thank you so much, Gordig. so i was right, then. you only have to render if your final product is an image. i don't think that info is given anywhere on this website. course, Daz used to be mostly for images. it's only recently, i think, people are using it for game engines. oh, and thanx for making it "simple".