Where is the particular geometry?

Hello everyone.
I have purchased an item from the daz store and am having trouble viewing certain geometry.

It is the animal eyeball in the picture here, but for some reason it is not present in the tree structure. (It is shown on the timeline in the second photo as "IEye" ).

My goal is to rig the eyeballs and control how they are shown/hidden, sized and positioned.
I would appreciate if someone could help me with a solution.

スクリーンショット (529).png
1587 x 1317 - 674K
スクリーンショット (530).png
1726 x 1679 - 626K

Comments

• Try Google search for Daz rigging tutorials, here is a good one:

https://www.versluis.com/2022/05/manual-rigging-in-daz-studio-without-the-figure-setup-tool/

Good luck!

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

an item

Please name Daz bundles in the forum. Even if this one looks like a Lady Littlefox plushie, Scamp, it won't always be obvious. Being able to test locally makes the answer much less problematic for those who eventually have the same bundle and are willing to help.

My goal is to rig the eyeballs

I'm not sure why lEye and rEye bones aren't visible in the Scene Tab. That's actually an excellent question and right now I don't have an answer to it.

This being said, both eyes (Face Groups lEye and rEye) are already rigged and all their vertices fully weighted each to its single bone. You can use the already prepared sliders :

- Eyes UpDown

- Eyes Side

to move them as you want.

Eyes being fully weighted to a bone each, you can also use the Joint Editor Tool (Alt+Shift+J) to select the lEye or rEye bone, then switch back to the Universal Tool (Alt+Shift+U) and rotate, or even scale them separately without influencing the geometry of the head around, if that's what you want to do for some reason.

------------------------------------------------

There is far too much to explain to answer your question. To learn more about rigging a custom creature (which would help you acquire the skills needed to further customize an already rigged character), I suggest creating a simple geometry (or even importing Scamp as an obj) and rigging it from scratch.

The best resources I know of and have used on the subject are old but remain a treasure of information to help anyone rig anything. Described workflow is fully compatible with all versions of Daz up to the most recent one:

- blondie9999  :  Advanced Rigging in DAZ Studio 4 Pro

- blondie9999  :  Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro

Dreamlight  :  DAZ Studio Rigging Made Easy

Don't be put off by the basic meshes used in these tutorials. Goal is to learn the technique. And these tutorials are the best, if not the only ones on the subject.

Post edited by hansolocambo on