Need to remove V shaped bulge in dForce Wet Weather Gear

Hello,

I needed a raincoat for my Genesis 8 little girl. dForce Wet Weather Gear for Genesis 8 Males works, except one little annoying bulge in the front. There are no options to smooth out or remove it. It does not look appropriate on my character. Anyone familiar with this product who can help?

Screenshot 2022-11-03 192348-coat.png
368 x 420 - 124K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

Did you autofit or change Scene ID?

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

Much smaller morphs tend to not really adapt really well. But usually it's more in the breast/chest area. Weird to get it so low. Maybe should you try to smooth the weighting of vertices in the area (Node Weight Brush Tool), see if it helps the wireframe to maintain its shape.

For a while I thought that keeping G8 default at frame 0, then morphing it at frame 15 (for example), then posing it at frame 30, I'd be able to cumulate the auto fitting of the cloth + the simulation. To avoid those bad deformations. But sadly...

it doesn't work. Once dForce is on, the fitting of cloth is just not taken into account at all anymore, so it keeps its shape from frame 0 and is calculating from that :/

Best solution is to create your own custom morphs for the cloth.

- Export G8 morphed into that small character. Subdivide or not, doesn't matter. Subdivided is better in that case.

- Export your cloth. Import in Blender. Create a shape key (just in case) for the base shape. Then another shape key and modifiy the cloth geometry so that it fits your small character. Once done, export that modified cloth as obj. Import it in Daz using Morph Loader Pro. Now you have a morph slider that fits nicely the cloth to your small character morph. And you can simulate.

Custom morphs are an integrant part of most Daz workflows. Whether it be with ZBrush, Blender or any other modeling app, it's often a necessary step to achieve a clean result.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

I applied the outfit to Genesis 8 Female with the Zev0's Growing Up 5-6 year old morph applied and didn't have your issue.
    The pants didn't deform either.   The outfit is setup for dForce.  Run a simulation and see if your issue goes away.

Growing up 5-6 morph.jpg
    519 x 672 - 179K
  • Thanks Lindsey,

It appears that the problem is caused by my toon female character. Whenever I run simulation, the thing blows up. Replace character with genericGenesis 8  female and it works better and simulates fine. Problem is, I can't use realistic characters for this. Not too many rain coats with hoods out there. Ideally, I want something for a five year old female character, that has a hood that goes up and down, is thigh high, and opens and closes. This one doesn't open, but it fits all other criteria.  BAck to the drawing board.

thanks all...