Rendering Error message

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm getting the following error message when I try to render. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks

rendererror.JPG
562 x 466 - 43K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

I would guess it means that at least one polygon on the surface its trying to calculate displacement for is so malformed that it can't get usable values. However, I'm not certain of that and it is odd that it doesn't give a surface name from th scene.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you using a shader on any of the items? I get that with some shaders but as far as I can tell my render comes out looking fine.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

No, I'm not using any shaders, just the textures that came with the vintage sari. I think I've tracked it down to the hair. I don't get that error message when I render without the hair. There was a scarf that came with the outfit, so perhaps the hair isn't meant to be rendered without the scarf. I will check with the vendor. Thanks.
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=77

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Well, you are using shaders - the DAZ Default shaders. But I do suspect it's a geometry issue, though I don't have the set to look at it. It may just be a single polygon, tucked out of sight, which would mean it wouldn't have a visible effect.