General question about how to shop on Daz3d

Hello all,

General questions about how to shop on Daz3d. I am new to this and use Poser 12.

1. If I want to buy Victoria 4 or Michael 4 would I go to Shop/ 3d Models or Shop/ People and Wearables?

2. Next step on the Figure pull down I'm seeing check boxes for Michael 4  and Michael 4 Elite.  What's the difference and why is it that when I choose Michael 4 I don't see anything that looks like a basic male figure?

3. Once I have bought these 2 figures, what is the best way to find clothes for them. Let's say I want a wedding gown  for Victoria 4. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you!

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,882
    edited November 2022

It may be easier to use the store search (upper right corner of page) for the basic stuff, e.g. "v4" or "victoria 4" (gives different results) or "victoria 4 elite".  The Elite stuff is high quality shapes/morphs and textures for the Gen 4 figures, they are generally quite good.  Store search currently has some issues but usually you can find what you're looking for.  For a wedding gown I'd search on "wedding" or "bride" or other relevant words, product naming is often inconsistent so some things can be hard to find via search.

Old Gen 4 stuff goes on sale regularly though with big discounts like up to 80% sometimes so unless you're in a hurry you might consider waiting.  DAZ+ club membership (also on sale regularly) gives you a 30% discount on all DAZ originals and 65+% on DAZ+ content, plus monthly coupons, you can save a lot there. 

And you have 30 days to return products if for some reason they don't match your expectations.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • That’s very helpful Taoz.  Could I ask you how one joins the DAZ+ Club and how does one find out about sales?  Would I get emailed about sales if I join the club?

Thank you!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

demetriouca said:

That’s very helpful Taoz.  Could I ask you how one joins the DAZ+ Club and how does one find out about sales?  Would I get emailed about sales if I join the club?

Thank you!

Quarterly membership https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus-quarterly

Annual membership https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus-annual

as for finding out about sales, you should get notices sent to the email you signed up with and there are always sales posted on the main page of the store.

Keep in mind that since you are using poser, the majority of the store is genesis and newer content which doesn't work in poser. You might want to think about trying out Daz Studio since it's free and can use the newer figures and content (I have almost every version of poser other than 12 and only use Daz Studio now)