ROG Red Crow Inn doesn't show up

Hello everyone!

I don't really know why this is happening, because all other products work perfectly fine.

I used the DAZ Central Software to download the ROG Red Crow Inn environment, which seems to finish normally, but when I start DAZ studio it doesn't appear anywhere under the

Files -> Environments section.

I can see it in the Products though, which also gives me an Update button.

That button seems to do something (maybe a download) but then still nothing shows up.

This is the only product out of many, which is giving me this issue.

Can anybody please help? Is this problem maybe known somehow?

Comments

• Are there files in the Product entry?

• WedgeWedge Posts: 10

In Daz Studio, when I click to Products, I can see the product image with the "Update" button.

But there are no files shown in the "All Files" section below it.

The update button doesn't change that.

What's really strange to me is, that this product is the only one having this issue.

I have already deinstalled and re-installed it via DazCenral already.

No clue why that keeps happening.

All my other products come up normally.

• If you have the Update option then the active install is through Daz Studio itself, not the Daz Central install (and it failed, in whole or in part). Right-click on the product and Seelct Uninstall to get rid of that. If you still have no fiels showing then most likely Daz Studio is not set to use the Daz Central install location as a content dierctory - download this script (link above the code) and drag into the Viewport http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start

• sjg_b28299fd86sjg_b28299fd86 Posts: 35
    edited November 2022

I submitted a ticket for something similar for Red Crow Inn a few weeks ago. I ended up installing manually.  This is what DAZ said...

"Thank you for reaching out to us. I have tested this on my end and was able to reproduce the issue. However, this was an issue we were unable to fix for this product specifically due to the long file name. 

This file name's length causes it to update infinitely which leads to the issue you are experiencing. Please also note that according to the product page, this product is not guaranteed to be compatible with Daz Connect. 

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of this is to install the product via DIM, Daz Central, or manually. "

Post edited by sjg_b28299fd86 on