What is the better choice?[videocard]

What is the better choice?
Keeping the current RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB and buying a second smaller 1660 for example?
Or buy a 3060 12GB model to replace the current one?

Comments

• A smaller card is unlikely to be used, the memory is not combined - each card renders on its own, and passes the results of its passes back to the main render process where they are combined. If you can the 3060GB would both boost speed, especially if both cards were active, or at least give you room for soem scenes that won't fit on the 2080. Adding another 8GB card would help with speed, but would have pretty much the same memory limitations.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

RTX 3060 12GB

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Hylas said:

RTX 3060 12GB

That seems to be the best all-around card for the money right now.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,215

Petercat said:

Hylas said:

RTX 3060 12GB

That seems to be the best all-around card for the money right now.

I call it the working man's compute card. I can only hope the 40 series has a card with this much VRAM for the buck.

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

A yeasr ago I chose a 3060 with 12Gb instead of a 3060ti with (I think) 8Gb and I'm VERY satisfied. The marginal speed gain I would have with the TI version is nothing compared to having 12Gb instead of 8Gb for textures, be it in Daz, Stable Diffusion, Blender or even Call of Duty, as a man (or woman for that matter) needs its gaming ;-). The 3060 was a HUGE upgrade from my previous 1660 Ti.