Universal tool nor working properly

How to describe a situation is becoming a problem for me because the most basic of things sometimes defies description. But here goes...

When I use the universal tool to move things around and i particular change their orientation, the icon does not remain in the new position. The actual object changes but the iconstays exactly the same. This can be totally confusing because once you move something you need the icon to relate to new postion, not the previous one to allow you to make adjustments. For example if I rotate the obect through say 45degrees I need the universal tool icon to refelct that rotation, and yet it does not. Pretty sure it used to before I upgraded my OS, and of course most of this is a Mac problem, had I had the foresight to to get a windows machine it would probbly be fine....

Perahps yet another example of the incompatibality of DS with Mac OS...

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 17.42.38.png
529 x 505 - 19K

Comments

• Heres a better example....

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 17.58.20.png
    550 x 362 - 67K
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 17.58.32.png
    543 x 302 - 65K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,882

It works for me in Windows, so you may be right. 

• What is your pick for Coordinate system in Tool settings, right at the top?

• Thank you Richard, it was set to use world coordinates. Quite how that happened I have no idea becasue I am not a great dabbler into the finer mechanics of DS and doubt I would have deliberately chnaged these settings. But I am old and my memory is not what it was....