Released - Advanced Material Converter * commercial *

2»

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,875

Update uploaded - thanks for reporting, was easy to find when I knew what to look for.

/ Totte

If you just just run AMC Shader Config, it will create the folder correctly and then AMC Converter works.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited December 2022

Love this product, as the one thing I had issue with converting some older products to iRay they grass would not come out right. AMC does a fantastic job of this and many other parts. As this image shows two of Dreamland Models City Block series in iRay using AMC. laugh

Street.jpg
    1050 x 650 - 568K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on

If you take a look at how the grass is setup, you might be able to setup your own cutom Shader Defintion with AMC Shader Config just for that material zone

The update is now live

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
    edited January 15

This looks great but when I run it, the shaders are still labeled DAZ Default RSL

Could this be because I am using a custom folder off the C: Drive? Is there a particular base shader that I need to add to my custom folder? 

Why do I not just use the default DAZ folder? Because my 30,000 products would not fit on my C: drive

advanced materials converter.png
    1917 x 1023 - 750K
    Post edited by Granville on
    edited January 15

Hi, the converted results are stored in a folder named Iray in the directory where the old items are.
    And if you dont see it, rightclick and do "Refresh" so the Content Library list refresh with the new data.

Post edited by Totte on
  • GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
    edited January 15

Thanks, I figured it out. It does such a good job! I couldn't believe how good the emmissives converted. They were at just the right luminance. I read the whole manual. It's pretty fricken amazing. I'll post a render soon. 

One question lingers. In your experience, what is the most efficient way to handle a multiprop?

Post edited by Granville on

Granville said:

Thanks, I figured it out. It does such a good job! I couldn't believe how good the emmissives converted. They were at just the right luminance. I read the whole manual. It's pretty fricken amazing. I'll post a render soon. 

One question lingers. In your experience, what is the most efficient way to handle a multiprop?

Usually there are both single props and  multi prop. When I change the materials on the single props, I set it using the "Set All", but with care.