Looking for toon skin shader for Genesis 8

Hello,

I want to cartoonize my G8 figures, but have not had a lot of luck with the skin tones. Either they are too flat or too real. I found these products:  Subsurface Toon Shaders (Genesis) - SKU:16297 ,Toon Girls Skin Pack(Genesis 2 Female, Genesis, Victoria 5) -  SKU:16935, and DG Iray Toon Styles for Genesis 2 - SKU:22092. Not sure any of these will work for later figures. Any hints on getting the cartoon like skin tone in G8?

Comments

• Morning!
    Ok so the Subsurface Toon Shaders are not actually Shaders they are currently material presets for 3Delight that are not working atm, they also require the Victoria 4 UVs for Genesis which are part of the Genesis Starter Essentials that comes free with Studio.
    The Toon Girls Skin Pack and the DG Iray Toon Styles would work for you but you would need some "....UVs for Genesis 8" products to get your chosen pack to work.
    Cayman Studios makes awesome UV sets for almost all of the older generation figures.
    Redzstudios has a Genesis 3 Character UVs for Genesis 8 Female along with the Male Version.

Another option would be to check out your existing Shader Presets folder to see if you have any Plastic or Rubber type Shaders that you can use for a toon skin! There are tons of shaders in the Daz+ Store as well if you are a member, lots of different types of shaders that you can do pretty much anything with!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

A bit pricier than shader packages and/or UV converters, but 3DUniverse has two different Toon Generations packs for Genesis 8 that would provide toon surfaces as weall as extra toon morphs that can be used to expand your toon options for your characters by dialling in small amounts to them, as well as age morphs.

• Wow! This is so helpful. Thanks for such quick responses.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

You could also try Hameleon on Renderosity, might help.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Thanks hansolocambo, didn't see any shaders or skin tone products there. What did I miss?