[Released] STF Retro UFO! [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• I am not in that Sci-Fi render stuff a lot, but I absolutely MUST have that. Increadible idea, and extremely well made. In the cart already. Plus, the "Taxi" preset from the expansion may very well fit into a (pseudo) contemporary scene as well (flying taxies in "name any big city in the world" phantasies of some guys)

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am not in that Sci-Fi render stuff a lot, but I absolutely MUST have that. Increadible idea, and extremely well made. In the cart already. Plus, the "Taxi" preset from the expansion may very well fit into a (pseudo) contemporary scene as well (flying taxies in "name any big city in the world" phantasies of some guys)

You mean, you don't actually have flying taxis there yet ?  :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,594
    edited December 2022

Here's another one, and as you can see, the materials look great in all sorts of different lighting conditions:

- Greg

alien-1920.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558
    edited December 2022

This was an instant buy for me. As always really great product!

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • George Lucas would love this STF Retro UFO! laugh

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I love this thing. I have no idea how I'd ever use it but must have it.

• algovincian said:

Here's another one, and as you can see, the materials look great in all sorts of different lighting conditions:

- Greg

The damaged ship in the background is perfect for what I'm looking for. Where did you get it? If only this new one came with some damged features - would've been instant buy. Wishlisted though.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379

Wondering if I need to reinstall, or just missing something simple regarding the dome vs windshield.  I found where the bone is hidden for the windshield, and visible for the canopy, but no matter what I do I can't get the windshield bone to show (using the eye icon, or 'Visible' in the Parameters tab).  I checked all the usual places for movement, morphs, textures, no luck.  Both the UFO and extra textures were installed with DIM in the latest version of DAZ.  Kinda scratching my head on this one.

Anyone have any tips?  I really may just be missing something super simple. <shrug>

Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991

Gogger said:

Wondering if I need to reinstall, or just missing something simple regarding the dome vs windshield.  I found where the bone is hidden for the windshield, and visible for the canopy, but no matter what I do I can't get the windshield bone to show (using the eye icon, or 'Visible' in the Parameters tab).  I checked all the usual places for movement, morphs, textures, no luck.  Both the UFO and extra textures were installed with DIM in the latest version of DAZ.  Kinda scratching my head on this one.

Anyone have any tips?  I really may just be missing something super simple. <shrug>

Thanks!

There are On/Off toggle controls in the Parametes pane under Actor/Dome and Actor/Windshield, (I made a screenshot, but the forum won't accept uploads.)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,338

UFO together with my other recent purchases...

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Thanks!

There are On/Off toggle controls in the Parametes pane under Actor/Dome and Actor/Windshield, (I made a screenshot, but the forum won't accept uploads.)

Thanks, Barbult! I'll check again when I get home in a bit. I knew it had to be something simple!
    edited December 2022

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Thanks!

Thanks, Barbult! I'll check again when I get home in a bit. I knew it had to be something simple!

Uploads are woking again for now. Here is the screenshot. I'm sure you'll get it working when you get home.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144546.jpg
    608 x 390 - 57K
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Thanks!

Uploads are woking again for now. Here is the screenshot. I'm sure you'll get it working when you get home.

Yes, I found it! Thank you so much! Can't say I've ever seen it done quite like this, but hey, it is so cool! Rendering now.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,338

Fairy from the Distant World - relaxing after the trip.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited January 2023

Sometimes after flitting around the galaxy, all a space girl wants to do is cruise!  (this was pretty much an instamt buy for me) Couldn't resist a wee bit of kitbashing. Love the old car vibe it has...

retro_ufo_wheeled_base_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 833K
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • hacsart said:

Sometimes after flitting around the galaxy, all a space girl wants to do is cruise!  (this was pretty much an instamt buy for me) Couldn't resist a wee bit of kitbashing. Love the old car vibe it has...

That kinda works even :)

• This thing is so much fun. Please do a car or boat the same style or whatever you could think of.

• U3DU3D Posts: 2

Awesome content!

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I finally got to play with the UFO! I love it.

• Mid_Life_Crisis.

Mid_Life_Crisis_1_adj_small_8jan23.jpg
    1952 x 1098 - 892K
  • Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122

Well now that is just fabulous. The model, the textures and materials, everything. Excellent work.

edited February 2023

I bought the dog space suit just to use with the UFO. Here he put his craft on autopilot to take a quick space walk.

Dog and Retro UFO_002_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I bought the dog space suit just to use with the UFO. Here he put his craft on autopilot to take a quick space walk.

Great render @barbultlaugh

Did you use StickyChain fot the tube?

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,594
    edited February 2023

Doggos in space! The flakes in the paint job look so good, @Barbult. I've still been playing with this one, too. Here's a first stab at making some custom VDBs and importing them into DS for the engines and headlights:

Love this little UFO!

- Greg

ufo-vdb-1440.png
    1440 x 810 - 2M
    Post edited by algovincian on

markusmatern said:

barbult said:

Great render @barbultlaugh

Did you use StickyChain fot the tube?

Yes, I did use StickyChain on the tube. I had some problems, though. The tube was too short so I scaled it to 200% in the Y direction. That caused the kinks you can see between tube sections. In the StickyChain thread, surreal told me how to fix that, by scaling the individual sections rather than the tube itself.  Here is the improved render, following his advice. The tube is nice and smooth.

• Yes, I did use StickyChain on the tube. I had some problems, though. The tube was too short so I scaled it to 200% in the Y direction. That caused the kinks you can see between tube sections. In the StickyChain thread, surreal told me how to fix that, by scaling the individual sections rather than the tube itself.  Here is the improved render, following his advice. The tube is nice and smooth.
    [...]

Thanks for the heads up! The result speaks for itself ;-)

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 784

@algovincian - That render looks very Gotham, and the UFO kinda suits her :)

@barbult -  great idea with matching space shuit & dog. Feels like there should be the typical kid space explorer tagging along with his dog :)

• RafaelRafael Posts: 133

This UFO model is the cutest thing on the planet!... or outside of it too.