Graphics Cards

Hi. I've been using DAZ 3D for a while now and am really starting to get to grips with it. In order to improve the quality and speed of my renders, however, I've decided to buy myself a new laptop with a better grahics card. My current laptop has a half decent processor but not much of a graphics card and my only rendering option seems to be to use the CPU. I'm looking to spend somewhere between £1,000 - £1,500 but want to ensure I spend my money wisely. I'm pretty sure that I will need an NVIDIA graphics card and am looking for suggestions as to which one to try for to get the biggest bang for my bucks (to coin a phrase).

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked a million times before! I've had a quick look through the Forum posts but figured that asking directly might be my best option. This is my first ever forum post and I don't want to be a pain but would welcome any sage advice that's on offer.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Whatever you get, the nVidia (RTX) GPU on it should have more than 8GB's of VRAM.
    8GB's is the practical minimum for nVidia GPU, but it will also give one just the minimum when using somewhat recent assets.

Minimum amount of RAM is 32GB's but 64GB's would be better.

• Thanks PerttiA - that's really useful info smiley

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

RTX 3060 (12GB) is currenly the best value for money, I think.

• Thanks Hylas smiley I'm starting to narrow down my choices of laptop.