How to remove freckles on victoria 9?

The texture is really good quality but the freckles take away any neutrality for the character creation, how to remove them?

Comments

• Use a different G9F texture.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Basically: select the G9 figure and then check your smart contents pane, in specific the material settings. It should list more presets which allow you to apply or remove specific features.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,697

ShelLuser said:

Basically: select the G9 figure and then check your smart contents pane, in specific the material settings. It should list more presets which allow you to apply or remove specific features.

The OP is talking about Victoria 9, not Genesis 9 in general. With Vicky, the freckles are part of the texture map, you cannot remove them. Like mentioned above, you'd have to choose a different texture altogether. 

• RafaelRafael Posts: 133

Some initial notes. I believe this kind of manipulation of the original texture is covered by the license https://www.daz3d.com/eula#general_license which says: "User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings".

Second, the result could not be perfect, because the textures have a strong deformation because they need to be projected into the 3D model. So one recommendation is that you made incremental work, save and then open the model on Daz to see the results.

Said that.

For now, I don't have the specific V9 character, but in general, the textures are stored in PNG files. Keep in mind that potentially you can ruin them if you are not careful, so first of all, make a backup of them.

Look in the Runtime/Textures directory, and then look for the vendor or character folder. Make a backup of the PNG file you need. You most likely only need the diffuse map.

Now use some software like Gimp to remove the details you don't want. Look for Gimp tutorials to do so, probably using the clone tool. Save the texture and open your Daz scene to see the results.

But as the character has a looooot of them all over the face, it is probably better as the other posts say. Get another texture pack, I think something like Victoria 9 HD makeup.