Hold Alt to pose a model??

I seem to be unable to pose a character model in the Viewport as easily as every tutorial I could find would indicate. Simply "clicking and dragging" a node of the model only orbits the camera, regardless of which tool I'm using (and I tried them all.) The same goes for when I "click and drag" the Universal Manipulator, the Pose Tool, and the ActivePose Tool. Neither left- nor right-clicks work.

"Clicking and dragging" only seems to work when I either 1) hold the Alt key on my keyboard while I left-click, or 2) click with my middle mouse button, which is quite clumsy. Oddly enough, some other buttons in the Viewport only seem to work as intended if I use one of those two methods, e.g. the Perspective View drop-down and the reset view button.

I've tried reinstalling Daz Studio, resetting to factory settings, and restoring defaults in the Window > Workspace > Customize menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Window>Workspace>Customise, look in the bottom section of the dialogue. Which modifier combinations are set for Rotate, Orbit, Pan etc.?

• I think you saw what my problem likely was. Orbit was set to LeftMB -_-

Once I changed it to something else, like MidMB, posing worked just fine.

Thank you, Richard!!

P.s. for posterity's sake, here are what my modifier combinations were set to when I was experiencing my original problem:

Orbit: LeftMB

Rotate: Ctrl+LeftMB

Pan: Shift+LeftMB

Dolly: Ctrl+Alt+MidMB

Bank: Ctrl+Shift+MidMB

Zoom (Dolly): Ctrl+Shift+RightMB

Zoom (Focal Length): none